It's Offical!

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Shido, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Shido

Shido Active Member

I have moved and finished unpacking. It took a lot of planning and traveling to decide on a place to live but I have finally made it. With a now reliable internet connection and time to sit back and relax. I should be able to keep up with things.

The progress since I have been gone is amazing and I'm downloading the game now. It still feels weird from the huge timezone change. Hopefully I will get to talk with @Amra and @Anika more often now.

Cheers and good tidings. ^.^

Anika, Alex250 and Amra like this.
  2. Amra

Amra Code-machine
    Staff Member

Woo, congrats! Moving can be such a pain in the arse babybaby

Anika likes this.
  3. Shido

Shido Active Member

Yeah and let me tell you. Getting everything ready to move was the easy part. I had to get a new passport a citizen visa. I had to do a test (questionnaire as they called it.) It was basically a test to find out if I was a terrorist or something. XD

After all that I then had to go through a realtor to schedule purchase for the house. Travel all the way back to my old residence wait for a reply. Get the reply go back to Texas fill out the remaining paperwork and register a ID at a DMV. Flew back again waited a about a week got confirmation on the house and then had to start shipping everything to my new home.

Once all that was done I had to unpack, arrange everything, and find a reliable ISP company. All this took about 3 months. :|

Cool thing about it all is I am now a citizen of both Japan and America for the rest of my life. ^.^

Still having to get used to speaking English with everyone I talk to. My accent makes a lot of people around here confused. The only downside to that is that everyone thinks I'm either from China or the Philippines.

Amra and Anika like this.
  4. Anika

Anika Ass-Whooper & Ass-Kisser
    Staff Member

So happy to see you back Shido! jigglyjigglyjiggly
    That all sounds so overwhelming lol! Glad to hear you're settled in now though!
    That's also so awesome to be able to travel between the two countries when you like :)
    The most recent devblog should fill you in with what's going on! If we get around to it this weekend we might post another with some more details and news of what's to come...we are having a Saturday Night Dota 2-athon so we'll have to see how it goes XD

So glad you're around again!
    xoxo

Amra and Shido like this.
  5. Shido

Shido Active Member

I've already read all the devlogs so I am as caught up as can be. Have fun with DoTA and don't use Silencer. :p

Amra and Anika like this.
  6. Amra

Amra Code-machine
    Staff Member

All that flying ... the plane trip from Aus to west coast USA (or anywhere else in the world really) is terrible and long, can't imagine doing it that often and remaining sane. Unless maybe you were a business class baller. Congrats on your place & citizenship though, sounds like the trouble was worth it!

Anika likes this.
  7. Shido

Shido Active Member

The flying was horrible. But any torment that a person can take and get passed will always be rewarded with both experience and a bigger point of view. I will never get mad at another person complaining about flying again for the rest of my life. XD