PoP 0.4.0 Bugs and oddities

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by genaside, Dec 25, 2016.

1. genaside

genaside New Member

Ok the first bug, the patreon sub-window/panel is not showing text correctly. In fact it's showing filled in boxes

Amra likes this.
  2. genaside

genaside New Member

Played around with different startup options, all crash.
    crash dumped attached.
    seems to be a problem with memory.

I'll try my other computers later

Attached Files:

Amra likes this.
  3. genaside

genaside New Member

Update, it seems to work on my windows 10 machine. So it leads me to believe it's a system requirement issue, the game i first tested was on windows 7.

Amra likes this.
  4. Amra

Amra Code-machine
    Staff Member

Thanks for the info @genaside
    I've started developing on Windows 10, so it seems that of course now the build is broken on Windows 7. Might also be an architecture thing. I'll have a look into it when I get a chance :)

5. Hallucination

Hallucination New Member

I can say that the problem probably isn't Windows 10 as I run it and get a crash on start.

Attached Files:

Amra likes this.
  6. genaside

genaside New Member

Not really sure, but in my win7 machine it could be the hardware.
    You saying it's not a windows problem?

Anyway it might be a programming error,
    "igd10umd32.dll caused an Access Violation", "pillars_0.4.0.exe caused an Access Violation"
    I dont know unity, but check life cycles of your references

7. Amra

Amra Code-machine
    Staff Member

The crashes are in library code, not the game itself; otherwise I'd have run into it and fixed it already. Common amongst the logs seems to be lower-end graphics hardware. There are some bugs open in Unity documenting similar looking crash in other games, so when I get a chance I will look into it further. Best I can recommend for now is trying to launch the game with "Basic" graphics (option for it is in the launcher).

8. Daionor

Daionor New Member

While searching through the crash report I found that it was trying to reference some "steam_api" that was missing from the "mono" folder. That may be what caused the crash. Attached is the .zip file of the report folder.

Please take a gander and see if I was correct because if so then I think the code went a bit wonky this release. The game looks very promising if it gets able to load.

Attached Files:

Amra likes this.
  9. Amra

Amra Code-machine
    Staff Member

Thanks again everybody for the crash logs. Most of the crashes seem to be graphics/driver related and I do have quite a few complicated effects enabled for the "Basic" quality setting. I'll do some more testing but I'm pretty sure that's the problem.

I'll get a patch out in the first week of January for the current version, alongside the new demo build. Patch will include a lower quality setting with the effects that I mentioned disabled, which should fix the crash that most people are having. I'll also add a workaround for our unwelcoming "Welcome" screen :)

Anika likes this.